1.17.2007

kdub and the bump




kdub has gardened herself. her mother knit the pants and booties. naima aurora wiley
is in the world. She is gorgeous. Quiet. Really sweet. Today is her fifth day. Every day she 'wakes up' more, her eyes open more.

Last night we were reading out of Starhawk's book The Earth Path, from the "Center: Patterns" section. We read of branching patterns, of relationships and ratios; of creeks flowing into rivers like the pattern of leaves flowing into trees, and also of a drumbeat, pattern and ratios.

These are the flow forms of transportation via water. Water is what is used by most everything to move things. ( That gives me some thoughts about how car culture liberates us from that, which could also be seen as unspringing a population control mechanism, and being a big part of the reason we are so disconnected from the land. ya think?!)

Water also moves in spirals, always. The bottom of a river is slowed by friction, as are the sides, especially the inside of the meander. The river is moving in a long, horizontal spiral, like a fluid drill, carving curves in the land.
There are different drumbeats.

So Keona and her wee antique-new-born treasure (how to possibly desribe all of the layers - fine, crystalline strands of connection, possibility, emotion, energy, history - like spider webs)
are sleeping in the room beside me.

I have worked three days since I arrived here. I have lots of work, but not right now. I have been able to be here all week, 'though I have done a lot of other work-related stuff - but a new mama needs someone around to keep on top of everything, like laundry and tiding, for the first week at least. The Universe is totally supporting us: I have secured work, I have pulled in a tad on income, then got a gst cheque, then one from my mama for my birthday, which was really nice. And I have work at the flower factory on Saturday.

It all feels really good.
Kay, then, to work with me.

Blessed be.

No comments: